Glowing skin is something which everyone desires but in today’s hectic life we don’t have much time for it and many of us don’t even want to spend our hard earned money on plethora of skin care products inorder to achieve clear and glowing skin.
Therefore I bring to you 3 Homemade DIY facemasks using easy to find ingredients usually available in every kitchen to a glowing acne free skin.
1. Honey + Aloe vera/ Lime Mask.
• Take 1 tsp of pure honey in a clean bowl.
• Now add 1 tsp of aloe vera gel ( fresh aloe vera gel will also work ) for dry skin.
For people with oily skin, add 1/4 of a lime juice instead of aloe gel ( to cut the oiliness of honey)
• Mix the ingredients well.
Apply the mask on to your face for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
Repeat twice a week.
Honey is anti- bacterial and anti-fungal therefore helps in dealing with acne. It is also full of antioxidants which helps with wrinkles and slows down the aging of skin. It is also extremely moisturizing and soothing, therefore gives your skin a glow and a complexion boost.
Lime is antibacterial as well therefore helps prevent acne, also has a brightening effect on skin.
Aloe vera is very moisturizing and helps with acne as it antibacterial as well. It also helps lightening the blemishes and acne spots and also helps with aging.
2. Aloe Vera + Vitamin E Capsule Gel.
• Add 1 tsp of aloe vera gel ( I don’t use fresh aloe for this one) in a container which you can store later.
• Now take a vitamin E capsule, cut one of it’s end with a scissor and squeeze the oil into the container.
• Mix well.
• Store the container and apply the gel onto your clean face in a circular motion until it absorbs completely before going to bed.
Aloe vera is very moisturizing and helps with acne as it antibacterial and anti fungal. It also helps lightening the blemishes and acne spots, helps combat wrinkles and aging as well.
Vitamin E is literally know as a beauty vitamin. It is best know for its antioxidant properties which help’s reduce free radicals and protect body’s cell. It plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy skin.
3. Gram flour + Turmeric+ Yogurt + Lime Mask.
• Add 1 tsp of gram flour ( also known as chickpea flour or besan in hindi ) into a clean bowl.
• Now add a 1/4 tsp of tumeric powder into the bowl.
• Time to add yogurt, add 1/2 tsp of yogurt into the bowl.
• At last add the juice of 1/4th of a lime into the mixture.
• And mix well.
It should not be too watery, if that happens, add more flour. It should not be too pastey either just add more yogurt to get a perfect consistency.
Apply the paste onto your skin with a brush and let it sit for 15 to 20 mins or until it dries completely.
Repeat twice a week.
Gram flour helps to fight pimples, removes tan, kills excess oils on the face and moisturises the skin as well.
Tumeric is anti inflammatory and anti bacterial therefore works wonder on a acne prone skin as it is antiseptic in nature therefore prevents bacteria from spreading. It also calms the redness and blemishes and helps with skin conditions like eczema and rosacea.
Yogurt is anti bacterial and anti fungal. It naturally helps with wrinkles, aging of the skin. The lactic acid present in yogurt helps with reducing fine lines and tightening of pores.